- Dragon boating will be a flourishing, safe, and affordable participant aquatic sport for people of all ages in the Durham Region and surrounding areas.
- As Durham Region’s foremost dragon boat club, the PDBC seeks to be highly regarded within the community as an active, strong, and successful operation which encourages both competition and recreational participation in the sport of dragon boating.
- The PDBC will offer superior diverse training and skills development at all levels.
The PDBC will provide opportunities and encourage participation at all levels of competitive and recreational dragon boating in the Durham Region and surrounding area.
The Pickering Dragon Boat Club is home to:
- 2009 Canadian National Dragon Boat Team (Junior & U23) in Prague, Czech Republic
- 2008 World Club Crew Champions (Grandmaster Open, Women & Mixed) in Penang, Malaysia
- 2007 & 2008 Canadian National Champions (Grandmaster)
- 2007 IDBF Junior Women Bronze Medalists
- 30 Club Crew World Championship Medals(2002-2010)
- A Canadian representative at the 2002 (Rome), 2004 (South Africa), 2006 (Toronto), 2008 (Penang)and 2010 (Macau) Club Crew World Championships
- 2 x Oikawa Cup Championships (2002 + 2003)
- One of Canada’s most competitive Annual Dragon Boat Festivals, the Pickering Dragon Boat Challenge, since 1997
- World Record (Guinness Book of World Records) Longest Distance Travelled in a dragon boat = 150km (2004-2009), 214km (2012)
PDBC in the news
Durham Region News
- Pickering Festival Leaving City due to Invasive Weeds, April 2013
- Guinness World Record - 24hr paddle, August 2012
- National Junior/U23 Teams, October 2009
- National Grandmasters, September 2009
- Waterfront/Durham Tourism, July 2009
- Pickering Festival, June 2009
- National Team, April 2009
- HEAT Gold in Malaysia, August 2008
- HEAT in Malaysia, July 2008