Ontario Youth Dragon Boat Championships
Sunday, June 6th, 2021
The Ontario Youth Dragon Boat Championships will be held on Frenchman’s Bay in Pickering on Sunday, June 6th, 2021 and will crown Ontario’s fastest youth dragon boat crew. Featuring Canada’s deepest field of competitive high school and junior crews, this regatta has already featured countless Canadian National Team athletes at the junior, under-24 and premier divisions and will again highlight some of Ontario’s fastest dragon boat crews (regardless of age classification).
Local and regional high schools from across Ontario will compete in an international style championship regatta featuring multiple race distances. The fastest mixed crew will be declared the Ontario Champion and awarded the Ontario Youth Cup.
- Canada’s most competitive youth regatta of 2021
- Dragon Boat Canada Sanctioning: meets standards of technical operations and officiating set out by national governing body
- Dragon Boat Canada certified officiating crew
|Category||# of Races||Before January 1, 2020||Before April 1, 2020||After April 1, 2020|
|*Youth Division Package||4||$1300.00||$1350.00||$1450.00|
*Youth Division Package includes 10 practices with a coach in Frenchman’s Bay, as well as your regatta entry fee
To book practices, send an email to email@example.com
Prices are listed in CAD and do not include tax.
The Pickering GO Station Auxiliary Parking Lot will be the primary parking lot of the Pickering Dragon Boat Challenge. FREE Shuttle Buses will transport athletes from the Pickering GO Station Auxiliary Parking Lot to the race site.
- There is no parking on-site (Bruce Handscombe Park)
- Police and City By-Law officers will be patrolling the area and will enforce all city parking by-laws
- Vehicles in violation of parking by-laws risk being tagged and/or towed
Shuttle Bus Service
- The Pickering Dragon Boat Challenge provides FREE shuttle bus service from the Pickering GO Station Auxiliary Parking Lot to the race course
- All vehicles are instructed to park at the Pickering GO Station Auxiliary Parking Lot
- Pickering GO Station Auxiliary Parking Lot can be found East of the GO station along Bayly St & north on Sandy Beach Rd. (As this location is a parking lot and does not have an address the closest address for GPS purposes is 1550 Bayly St, Pick, Ont, L1W 1Y7)
- FREE Shuttle Bus Service will commence at 630am on Saturday and 730am on Sunday. (buses will run every 15 minutes during peak arrival/departure times)
- Festival volunteers will be on site to organize lineups according to the race schedule.
View Pickering Dragon Boat Challenge in a larger map
Full schedule will be posted on Monday, May 31, 2021.
LIVE Results will be posted here:
- All Youth teams will race 2x200m and 2x500m races
Shuttle buses begin running to the park at 7:30am and the registration tent will open at 8:00am for team check-in. A team captain’s meeting will take place at 8:30am, followed by marshalling for the first race at approximately 8:45am.
Youth Division – High School Cup
Medals will be awarded to first, second and third places. Plaques will be awarded for 4-6.
Stay tuned for all of the exciting food, drink and merchandise vendors!
Are you interested in being a vendor at our event? We would love to have you!
Vendor fees are $200 (+HST) and all vendors receive:
- A 10x10 space in a prime area of the park
- Website & logo promotion on our Festival page
- Promotion through our team information bulletins
- The option to add a business card, promotional item or coupon to our team swag bags
Vendors who select to be Race Sponsors (for an additional $50) will also receive logo/website promotion on our race schedule (printed and online) and company promotion/announcements over the loud speaker throughout the festival.
*Please note: In order to best serve our participants, we reserve the right to turn down vendor applications if we feel as though the market is already covered in this area.
Questions about this event? Need some help with registering? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org